NYSA has reached a level of player participation that requires increased parent involvement in order to keep our organization running. As a result, we are asking parents to select at least one functional volunteer area. Names will be collected and given to the functional area directors who will contact parents for help with projects or initiatives.
The Criminal Offender Record Information (“CORI”) laws and regulations in Massachusetts were first enacted in the early 1970s. While they have and continue to undergo a number of changes and developments, their primary focus remains intact. CORI is designed to protect the general public from exposure to potentially dangerous individuals with a criminal past. Organizations that serve vulnerable segments of the population such as Massachusetts Youth Soccer are given limited access to information about prospective coaches, administrators, volunteers and employees who may have a serious criminal history and who may pose a significant threat to the children involved in youth soccer across the state. The agency that oversees criminal background checks in the Commonwealth is the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services (DCJIS).
Please note the following major changes to the CORI procedure and how it impacts all volunteers of the Newburyport Youth Soccer Association.
NEW ADULT AND CORI REGISTRATION PROCEDURES (8/14/15)
Effective August 14, 2015 a new Adult and CORI registration procedure has been implemented. Now, all adults must first complete the Mass Youth Soccer Adult Registration process before completing the CORI registration forms. All adults (persons age 18 and older) are required to register directly with Mass Youth Soccer using the new Adult Registration Portal on ShareView, the Membership Management System from Affinity Sports.
Adult Registration Frequency and Deadlines
• Adult registrations will be an annual requirement coinciding with the soccer calendar year (Fall/Spring seasons).
• For this inaugural year (2015-16) the deadline for adults to register will be November 30th.
• Commencing in 2016, adult registrations for each year will open June 1st and close September 30th. Also, starting with the 2016-17 year, any renewal registrations submitted on October 1st or later will result in an administrative penalty of $25 per late registrant.
• Adults who have never registered in the past (new to Mass Youth Soccer) will be able to register and set up a new account at any time without penalty. Adults registering for the first time must have completed and approved adult registrations and CORI registrations before they can become involved with an organization.
Cut and paste the link below into your web brower to go to the Adult Registration Portal:
Cut and past the link below into your web browser for Printed Instructions:
In order to complete a CORI registration, all adults must have registered using the new Adult Registration process. They will need their ShareView Username and Password.
To complete a CORI registration, the adult will need to receive an email invitation which includes the link for the registration. Adults will no longer be able to complete a CORI form without properly completing their Adult Registration. The CORI registration form will be pre-populated with their personal information.
For most adults, CORI registrations will be good for three years.
*** Please print the CORI Agreement form at the end of your CORI submission. This form should be brought to your local organization’s CORI Submitter - please do not send your CORI Agreement Form to the State Office.
NOTE: If this is your first time accessing ShareView to complete your registration using an already existing account for the first time, or creating an account for the first time, you will be required to upload a headshot photo during the registration process. Please make sure to have a photo available on the system (computer, phone, tablet, pad) you are using to register.
Who Must Complete an Adult and CORI Registration?
Every adult associated with all organizations who may have the opportunity to have direct and unmonitored access to children is required by state law to complete the CORI certification process. (Massachusetts CORI Reform - Chapter 385 of the Acts of 2002). The first step of the process will be for all adults to properly register with Mass Youth Soccer using the new Adult Registration process on ShareView.
Using the above requirement of all adults who may have the opportunity to have direct and unmonitored access to children, the following individuals will be required to register:
• Coaches (all types)
• Team Managers, including designated team parents assigned team management responsibilities
• Board members (Officers, Directors, Administrators, Committee Chairs, Appointees, etc.)
• Referees (Note: All USSF Referees will complete their CORI registration through MSRC).
• Trainers (Permanent or Temporary)
• Organization Employees
• Concession Workers
• Tournament Organizers, Employees, Volunteers
• And, any other persons age 18 or older who may have the opportunity to have direct and unmonitored access to children.
Questions about the CORI process should be directed to